A Travellerspoint blog

Sunday 28th October 2012

Friday 26th October we decided to go for a nice walk to get to Long Beach. We left at about 10:00 and the walk was just over an hour. It was already extremely hot, so we kept stopping in various shops along the way to get drinks and ice lollies and also to enjoy the air con for a couple of minutes :).

Once there we laid down our towels and had a look around. There was nobody anywhere near us. It was beautifully quiet and the sea looked extremely inviting after the long sweaty walk. We didn’t waste any time and went straight in to cool down.

Our day here was hot and lazy. Mostly lying in the sun, with regular intervals in the water for a swim and a splash about. When we’d had enough we thought we would walk down the beach to get back instead of the road as there was more of a breeze.

We walked as far as we could before we reach some rocks. Mark climbed up a couple but couldn’t see where it led to, so we decided to cut through the resort we were in front of. As we started to walk across the sand, we came to the grass of the resort. I went to take a step but out of the corner of my eye at that split second saw something move right where my foot was about to land. It was a snake and it had lifted its head and coiled back into a spring shape. It looked about ready to strike. My heart felt like it stopped and I jumped back with the word ‘SNAKE’ just about escaping my lips to warn Mark. It quickly slid off without hesitation, probably just as glad as I was that I hadn’t actually trodden on it! Safe to say I paid a little more attention to where I was walking after that.

Unfortunately on the route back, as we did not come that way, we ended up walking the LONG way home. Not that we really minded, we had no time limit. We just enjoyed the scenery. The sun had started to go down so the heat had subsided somewhat.

We had our dinner at a local market nearby to our hostel. The food was authentic, cheap and delicious. Whilst we ate the heavens opened and rain came down, refreshing the air and coming to an abrupt end just in time for our walk back.

Saturday 27th October was another pretty lazy day, catching up on uploading the photos for everyone back home (it is so time consuming!). We Skype’d quite a few people and had dinner at the same place.

Sunday 28th October was our last day in Koh Lanta. We were browsing the shops and I spotted a place where you could get a bracelet made. I picked out the different beads myself (with Mark’s help) and placed them in order on my hand. The lady then used three strips of leather (I had picked a brown colour) and began to weave and tie it, feeding the beads on. She made it look extremely easy.

The bracelet was really cute, just as I had thought it would look, maybe even better. I immediately added it to the ever growing collection on my wrist.

That evening we chilled out and packed our bags, ready to leave early in the morning. We were off to Phi Phi! Yaaay!

Peace Out!

Posted by jenniatkins 04:48 Archived in Thailand

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint